PRAYERS AND RESOURCES
Below are Prayers to know and Treasures of the Catholic Faith
The Sign of the Cross
In the name of the father, and the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
The Lord's Prayer
Our Father, who are in heaven, hallowed be they name; they kingdom come, they will be one on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Glory Be to the Father
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee! Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb , Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Act of Contrition
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against you whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Amen
The Apostles' Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended into hell, on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting.
1. Life and Dignity of the Human Person
2. Call to Family, Community, and Participation
3. Rights and Responsibilities
4. Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
5. Dignity of Work and Rights of Workers
7. Care of God's Creation
Anointing of the Sick
Sacraments of Initiation
-Counsel, or right Judgment
-Fortitude, or Courage
-Piety or reverence
-Fear of the Lord, or wonder and awe
Fruits of the
The Ten Commandments
1. I am the Lord your God, you shall not have strange gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5 You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.
The Great Commandment
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind." This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it. "Your shall love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:36-39
Examination of Conscience for Children-Preparation for First Reconciliation
Responsibilities to others
Have I been obedient and respectful to my parents?
Have I lied or been deceitful to them or to others?
Have I been mean, stubborn or rebellious?
Have I talked back to parents, teachers or other adults?
Have I pouted and been moody?
Have I been selfish towards my family, friends and others?
Have I gotten angry at them? Have I hit anyone?
Have I held grudges or not forgiven others?
Have I treated other children with respect or have I made fun of them and called them names?
Have I used bad language?
Have I stolen anything? Have I returned it?
Have I done my homework and household chores?
Have I been helpful and affectionate toward my family?
Have I been kind and generous with my friends?
Knowing our responsibilities
Join the Parish-new member form (download and print)
Bible Study Resources
- An online Bible from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) online bible.
- Learn how to find a Bible verse
- Article describing five basic Bible facts
- Article from the USCCB on Understanding the Bible
- List of all the parables told by Jesus
- Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Catholic Social Teaching-Seven Themes of (for children)
- Seven Themes of Catholic Social Teaching (adults and teens)
- 40 Lenten Activities for Catholic Families